Experience and Educations Requirements
- Experience and good references in caring for children required.
- CPR certification required. Employer will help obtain certificate.
- The ability to have patience and show empathy.
- The ability to initiate activity.
- The ability to keep children safe and happy.
- The ability to enforce rules with age appropriate discipline.
- Confidence in talking with parents.
Attitudes to be Exhibited
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality
- Must demonstrate a love for children.
- Must exhibit enthusiasm for the club and the job
- Must have a cooperative attitude toward fellow employees.
- Check in all children as they come into Kid’s Club
- Ask for child(ren)’s first and last name.
- Ask if they have a family membership, pre-pay, or pay per day.
- Provide the finest and most courteous service possible
- Create an atmosphere where children enjoy coming and parents are comfortable leaving their children.
- Take care of the children while they are in the Child Center:
- Play games with the children: participating in pre-planned crafts
- Read stories to the children
- Be certain that dangerous objects such as scissors, small toys, broken toys, pens and pencils, cleaning supplies, etc. are not accessible to the children
- Place the toys that have been in the mouth of a child in the “dirty toys” container so they are washed. This will help control the spread of germs.
- Monitor the health of the children. If there is a question of their being in good health, speak to the Manager on duty.
- Keep Kid’s Club clean and orderly – as best you can while children are playing.
- Assure every child has a signed rules sheet, allergy and medical sheet and grandparent permission slip completed before being left in Kid’s club.
- Kid’s Club staff will be responsible for following the direction of the Front Desk Supervisor/Kid’s Club Supervisor